Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reset

This week has been a reset for me. After a good chat with Coach Dan, we have decided to take this week super easy. I am really only doing the Masters swims on Mon, Wed, and Fri (open water). I had an easy bike on Tues and an easy run on Weds. It has been strange taking so much time off! The strangest part is that I have had Tues and Thurs off work. Usually when I have days off work, it is a no brainer to do my heaviest workloads. Today though, I am doing NOTHING! Crazy. But I know I need it.

In fact, since this week has been easier, I actually had my first great swim workout in a while. We were doing descending 100s and 75s. I was descending from 1:35 to 1:25, and I could feel that my form was a lot better. Dan was basically hovering over me the whole time, which was great. I'm sure I was doing just as well on the 75s, but since it is kind of a strange distance I was getting confused on pace times and leading my lane a little astray!

Slowly I am starting to come around. I am starting to get some bursts of energy, which is great! Lots of naps and down time!

No comments: