Monday, August 17, 2009

1 week

Just under 1 week 'till Nationals! I'm getting pretty excited. I took in my Team Canada tri suit to get the CAN fixed on it today. I can't believe the quality of the suit that Tri Can gave us for Worlds! I've worn it two times and most of the lettering has fallen off! Luckily there's a great shop in Vic that does tri-suits for the naitonal and junior teams, so they know what to do!

My week of great workouts ended strong. I had a solid run with the Lifesport group on Saturday morning. We did 10 x 2 minutes hard. We did 5 of them out and 5 back, so you had to be at least back to the same spot you started at or better. I felt a little sloppy on the way out, but turned it on on the way back, negative splitting! I followed that up with a 1 hour easy bike.

Sunday had a 2 hour brick on the sched. I was a little worried that this workout might not go well, since I had a wedding to work on Satuday night and we didn't get home 'till around 1:30am. My legs were a little sluggish on the two TT efforts on the bike, but the 5 km TT run off the bike went great. Nothing like running on a track for a TT! Although somewhat monotonous, you know that the kms are the same length, so you can see exactly when you are losing ground. I threw down an 18:31 5km, with a steadily rising hr from 156 to 188 on the last km. It was interesting to note that my second km was quite a bit better than my first km. I guess it really does take a little bit for the muscles to stretch out and activate after the bike.

Today was the start of my taper week. We had a little shorter main set today in the pool (1800m), but it was hard! Some drills, 4 x 50 sprints, followed up immediately by a 200, 3 times. I held 38 seconds for the 50s, and around 2:55 for the 200s, which I was happy with. My arms were demolished from each set of 50s. I also completed my goal of not letting Magali lap me on the 200, which I barely made each time!

Time for a nap and then the last of my 6 straight days of working yeaaaaah!

No comments: