Monday, July 13, 2009

Update

The Numbers

Actual Time 13:40
Planned Time 13:40
Hours from ATP 0:00
Swim Distance 9300 m
Bike Distance 145.85 km
Run Distance 40.87 km
Brick Distance 35 km


First a quick comment on my numbs for this week. 145k of bike intervals, 40k of running intervals, and a brick. I'm pretty stoked! Swimming was a little light this week, but it was still good work. It's pretty amazing that my planned time and actual time are the exact same, as I was under time on some workouts and over time on others! Although the hours are not overly amazing, almost every minute of that time is used to do something productive. I don't think I could handle any more training in my life!


Training has been going great since the Tri of Compassion. I have stepped my running mileage up quite a bit, so my legs have been constantly sore this week. I have also been doing lots of speed work in running and biking, which has taken its toll as well. I don't mind though. I know the benefits of recovery for endurance athletes, but I can't help but be a little smug when my legs burn from going up a flight of stairs at night. I'm working hard, and getting faster. Swimming has been going good too. I only had three swim w/os this week. The first one I already described. The second one was a 10 x 50 followed by a 6 x 200, which absolutely demolished me. It was a classic blow up in the pool. I always forget that a set of 50s followed by longer intervals always kills me, and this time was no different. The 3rd and 4th 200s were the worst, but I managed to salvage a somewhat respectable time for the 5th and 6th. The third swim was the usual Thetis Lake swim, where I was pretty competitive right from the start. I usually take a few intervals to get going, so I was happy. I still have to work on my form in a wetsuit. I don't know why I can't swim the same as the pool!

I also had some monster shifts at work, and since I do not wear very good shoes, it has taken a toll on the legs as well. To be honest, I am really proud of myself that I have finished all of my workouts this week. This next week of training is going to be tough. I have a wedding on Saturday and golfing on Sunday, so I will have to bank a lot of workouts during the week in between work! One day I will sleep in.

Mj

No comments: