Friday, July 17, 2009

Fun in the sun

A few days since my last post. I am over my beating by the pros, especially since I was beaten again this morning at Thetis lake. But who am I kidding? It's the best


One thing that is different about the pros being in town is the length and difficulty of the workouts. They are just on another level. This morning at Thetis we had a 4k swim that had a 1000m segment, two 150m hard segments, and 2 400m segments. Being incredibly slow compared to the rest of the group, I only got about 10 seconds to regroup before the next effort. On the last rep, we were doing a pair race, where you went off in pairs and had to work together to win. I got all of about 15 seconds of rest before Coach Paul put me with Lance, who has been swimming amazing these days. I thought "o my god here we go." ha ha.


Lance was really nice to put up with me on this one. He did everything short of a tow rope to keep me going. I think I even saw him at one point doing backstroke to watch me! Sad I know!

What it did do was force me to go the hardest on the last rep of the day, which is good.


I did the swim today without a wetsuit. I have now figured out that I don't swim bad in a wetsuit, and I don't swim bad in open water, I just swim bad on longer intervals ha ha!. The lack of wetsuit did nothing to help my dragging ass. I just do not have the endurance in longer interval swims. It's crazy. O well, I can only improve so much in one year. I am happy with knocking off 4 minutes on my 1.5k swim time.


After the swim I couldn't help but get a few picks with some of the pros that I admire most. I snapped one with Magali and one with Bree. I swear Magali is the next big deal. I love that after we took the pick she said "thanks" to me. So nice ha ha! Those pics are to come. But Bree snapped the awesome pic of the group that is on her blog.




Look at me in the middle like I'm some bigshot ha ha!

I'm really excited for tomorrow 'cause it is my first chance to run with them (I think). I think it will be a lot more enjoyable to do one of my better disciplines with the group!

Happy training!

No comments: