Saturday, June 27, 2009

Training Update

This week following the race has been fantastic! I think the extra confidence of a good showing on Sunday in both the swim and run has given me more confidence to push even harder.

After a Monday off, I had a good Tuesday time trial. Although my legs were still very heavy, I still put in a time that was about 20 seconds off my PB. The legs feel strong on the bike, so I am happy with my progress. Wednesday was the first practice for a little group that I created to do some running intervals once a week. It's another way that I am getting back to why I started this sport in the first place, to have fun. It was on a track, so I was able to do a hard workout of 8 x 1 min hard, 1 min steady.

After that I headed to the pool to do a nice workout of 150's. I felt strong the whole time, which is the continuation of my confidence I gained from Sunday.

Thursday was a nice interval session on the bike and swim sprint session later in the evening. Friday was our open water swim at Thetis. O man was it good! The best swim I have ever had! I pushed the 3 k set hard, and was rewarded with a finish that was 3-4 people ahead of where I usually come. Top it off with a nice steady 1 hr run after and then off to work!

This morning was another breakthrough workout, with mile repeats at Elk/Beaver Lake. I started with 5:20 and 5:22 miles, and finished with a 5:15 mile (3:16/km). Some other people in our group were having breakthrough workouts, and I just fed off the energy. An amazing morning for sure!

It sure is nice to have a complete week of good workouts. I was talking to Coach Dan after practice and I was telling him how good I feel now. No injuries (knock on wood), and tons of energy for each workout! Life sure is good ha!

Happy training!

No comments: