Thursday, June 4, 2009

Great Day

Today was what I would call a great day.

It started with a trip to the pool in the am to work on form, followed by a trip to Thetis lake with my buddy to enjoy the 30+ degrees we are experiencing right now in Victoria! After a few beers on the patio at the pub, I rushed home to quickly eat waffles (yeah I know, but they were the only thing I could eat in 10 minutes), and headed to Commonwealth Pool for the Lifesport brick workout.

The workout was tough. I don't think the beers adversely affected me much at all, but I am no good in the heat and even though I was partly in the shade, the hot weather was pretty draining.
After a tough 5 x (5 minute on, 3 minute recovery) main set on the bike, we headed out for a 5,5,5,5 min run in zones 2,3,4,1. This run felt incredible. Both Coach Dan and I were feeling good, and we decided to run a little further and hit the zone 4 interval on the old fartlek area past the beaver lake beach. It was so tough and so good. We fed off each other well, and I have never felt so eager and so happy to push it. I could do a workout like tonight's every day.

The cold is all but gone. I still get a sore throat when I am breathing hard in workouts, but I can live with that! Tomorrow is my first open water swim practice....well...ever! 7:45 am, but that is the only time you get Thetis lake to yourself and it will be nice and cool so we can wear our wetsuits! 'Till next time!

No comments: