Sunday, September 6, 2009

OK a little more time to post!

Wow the past few days have been incredible! Surfer's Paradise is pretty amazing. Pair that with 30 nations competing in a triathlon and you have heaven!

I went to my first Team Canada practice today at the pool. WOW it was so much fun. The workout was pretty basic (5 x 100, 10 x 50 MS), but the atmosphere was electric. Team Canada, NZ, Mexico, Italia, and Australia were there! The pool was an amazing 50m outdoor pool, that was salt water! Pretty crazy! I couldn't zone out and take in some water in that badboy! Of course I swam my ass off trying to hold my own with the other young guns ha ha!

The course and pool are about 6 km North of our hotel. At first I was a little sad that our hotel was that far from the course, but now I am really happy about it. We are allowed to take our bikes onto the pool deck, so it's not a big deal to bike there. And I would much rather bike six km to practice than bike 6 km to party! Our hotel is right smack in the middle of the main drag. It's like vegas here!

Biking and running have been going great. Swimming was a kick in the ass after not swimming for almost a week due to travelling. It is SO HARD not to do like 5 workouts a day here. Everyone is a triathlete, and group runs and rides are going three times a day. Today is a schduled day off, so I am going to try and stay off my feet, but good luck. I will probably mozy on down to the beach and ride the surf for hours!

This is definity the most amazing experience!

1 comment:

Vincent said...

sounds awesome, lets see some photos.

Good luck on the weekend