Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Getting close....




We are getting down to the wire folks! Training has been going well. I was reminded by my coach to try not to get sucked into doing too much. He tells me it's exactly what people do in Hawaii as well before the IM.


Yesterday was a little much. Since our hotel is located about 6km from the race site it is just easier to bike there and back than take a bus. Yesterday we had a swim at 8 am at the pool (see pics below). Swimming at 8 am here is a lot different than back home. The sun has been up for three hours already, and the temp is around 24 degrees. It is impossible to sleep past 7. It is kinda strange that the sun rises so early, but sets around 6pm. The swim felt good in our 35m pool (yeah, it was the dive pool). After that Sam, Ruichard and I biked the course to see it. Not much to see ha ha. It is flat as a pancake and right along the ocean. The only thing that could be an issue is the wind. Sans wind I can easily hit 40km/hr, but with the headwind I am going 33km/hr with a good effort.

After that hour long bike, I biked home, got my passport, and biked back to the site to register. After another hour in the sun and biking back to the hotel, I was pooped! I am definitly taking it easy the next two days.

Today I had a beautiful 45 minute run with a 10 minute hard tempo along the beach. I jumped in the ocean after (which is 20 degrees) to cool off. I just got thrashed by the surf ha ha.
Today is also the team meal, parade of nations, and opening ceremony. Should be fun!
Here are some pics of Surfer's and surrounding areas, as well as the pool area
Most Eastern point in Aus

Pool at the Race Site (Salt Water)



View from our hotel room




1 comment:

Vincent said...

yeah, gotta watch that biking back and forth. Enjoy taking it easy and soak everything in from now until after the race!