Saturday, April 25, 2009

Little Update

I have had some amazing workouts in the past little while. I have biked every day this week and have put in a whopping 240 km, which is pretty good considering that most of that distance is interval and hill reps. I had a good small running interval set with Nick this week, doing 5 x 90 sec hard, and enough warm up and cool down so that Nick can explain some more provincial politics to me.

Swimming has been going well also. Friday, we had the 50m pool out and instead of doing distance, Dan threw us for a loop and gave us a 3 x 10 min set where you had to increase your distance each interval. The second one was the hardest, but I went the farthest on the third one, so I was happy. I never swim well in a 50m pool! Friday saw a 2.5 hour bike with Chris, and we pushed and pulled eachother along the whole time, switching the lead. It was a windy one! At one point we were pedaling pretty hard and hitting a top speed of 25 km/hr! It was a bit demoralizing. This morning was an easy run and spin, in preperation for the TC 10k tomorrow. In another bit of good news, a co-worker heard I was running and offered to switch shifts so that I get off work at 10pm instead of 3am! Looks like I might have a good race afterall!

No comments: