Tuesday, April 21, 2009

DONEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am graduated!!!! Well, I have finished all of my exams and now just have to hand in my final copy of my thesis at the end of the month, but for all intensive purposes I am finished! I am soooo happy!
This last week has been epic in training and school. Of course I just happen to have the heaviest week in a while training wise when I have back to back finals and work (which I couldn't take off, since I have no money for rent). ButI am proud to say that I didn't miss a workout, although I did some at pretty strange times.

This past week has been way better for swimming. I have been putting in a good effort to get "in the zone" before I go to swim practice. My coach chuckled when I said this, but I can see a difference in performance depending on my pre-workout routine. Now, I try to get on the pool deck 15 minutes early just to get ready mentally. I hate just rushing through the change room and jumping in the pool. I prefer to treat it like it is a job.

The weekly numbers are :

Actual Time
14:07
Planned Time
14:25
Swim Distance
9700 m
Bike Distance
172 km
Run Distance
42 km
Brick Distance
40 km

Running has been rolling along. I don't know why, but it seems that the more I try and put emphasis on the other two disciplines, the better my running gets! I have been doing some good tempo stuff with Nick (who ran an amazing 33:03 at the Sun Run, which I am sure he is pissed that it wasn't at least 32:59 haha), as well as some great Beaver Lake Runs with the team. On Saturday, we did 8 x 1km and my splits were steady around 3:29-3:32, with my last km at 3:28. Dan wasn't feeling up for a duel that morning, and neither was I. I'm not really sure what the code is for that. We run at the exact same speed, and I'm not sure if it's proper running etiquite (who knows how to spell that!), to wait for him if he's not running his best, or to power along ahead. O well. I'm letting the new road biking rules I have learned get into my head (thanks Jen!).

Biking has been really good lately. All my rides have been outside, which have been amazing. I don't really look at the distance that I bike, since I could be doing hill repeats all day and have no mileage to show for it. Speaking of which, I had the best repeat session of the observatory yesterday. I put on some ACDC, which I have not listened to in like 5 years, and did 5 x 5min standing/seated climbing of the hill. I got up to the NRC building in 5 mins, which I was pretty happy about.

I am super excited for the TC 10k! I have not run a 10k road race yet this year, so I am eager to know where I stand. I know I will be faster, but how much? I would be happy to run 36:xx.

A dopo,

No comments: