Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Training Update

Little bit of a delay in the blogging lately. I just handed in my Thesis, and I am currently working on no less than three projects due this week, so I will keep it short.

Not much new on the training front this week. I got my arse kicked in the bike workout on Tues night, and had a hard swim on Weds afternoon. Ithink we did 18 x 100 for our main set, and I held 1:27, which I am happy about. Followed that up with an easy 35 minute base run to get the legs feeling normal again. Thursday was an hour and a half bike with overgear intervals to toughen up the legs! Friday was a good swim with 10 x 100 and 18 x 50. The 50s hurt pretty bad by the end, but I was consistently hitting 1:27 and :36 for the 100s and 50s respectively. It felt good and hard, like it was supposed to!
The weekend was high mileage as usual. Saturday was a hard run at Elk Beaver with the legendary Lance Watson, who pushed me to almost puking intensity! The run was unusually long for an interval set, since we finished the intervals and found ourselves pretty far out from our cars! After that, it was off to the pool to do another speed session. Lots of 50s this week!

Sunday was a long bike with overgearing and aggressive hill climbing on the menu. My power is starting to get better on the bike, but it's still early. Follow that up with a seriously solid 45 min run with Nick. It was supposed to be a base run, but those who know Nick know that it is hard to keep it base when hes going fast! A few loops at Uvic and my week was over!

Can't wait for school to be done so I can train harder and longer!

No comments: